Legendary pike fly fisherman and pike fly tyer Simon Graham starts a really cool challenge in 2012.
Players pick 4 flies for the season 12 flies to choose from (Found in the left sidebar)
6 substitute flies (3 x tubes & 3 x hooked) 5 flies will be tied for each specific fly design, and will be used through out the season. Once each fly becomes unusable to fish with, it will be replaced with a new one until all five are finished. Flies will be regularily photographed to show their condition throughout the Fantasy league challenge.
Points will be tallied up at the end of each week and added to the league table in the sidebar so players can see where they are standing 1 point will be given for each fish caught
2 extra points will be awarded for a fish over 75cm (2,46 ft)
4 extra points will be awarded for a fish over 85cm (2,78 ft)
6 extra points will be awarded for a fish over 1 meter (3,28 ft)
I will alternate between using tube flies one days and hooked flies the next and each fly will be changed after each fish caught which will even out the playing field so to say!
1. Substitutions will be submitted as and when I feel the need to change the playing field. for example certain flies will perform better during different times of the year.
2. 3 x substitutions will take place throughout the course of
3. Each player gets to choose one tube and one hooked fly they would like to change. The flies that get the most vote for that specific substitution period get used!
1. On the 30th September all the points will be tallied up and the top 10 players will go into the October play offs which will end on the 31st October.
2. All the flies will be brought back into play for each of the ten players.
3. Players can then choose to either keep the ones they have or change to other models during the play offs.
All entrants need to be submitted by the latest 15th May. Send your entry name to email@example.com with (2012 Fantasy pike fly challenge) as a header
Please visit Simons challenge website: http://fantasypikeflychallenge.blogspot.de/