Mini Trospinator Baitfish on an @ahrexhooks FW 581 Wet Fly hook.
Today, I was playing around in the laboratory with uv resin and different powder. Just for fun, just to get new ideas. I got a two toned belly in my mind. After some testing, this little guy was born. Pretty simple, but with a little touch of finesse. It reminds me of a jelly bean, so the name was pretty simple – Jelly Bean Zonker 😉
It’s important to use a wide gap hook, so the @ahrexhooks NS122 Light Stinger size 6 was perfect for this little guy. I could imagine, that sea trout, browntrout and chub will like it. Hopefully! :-D
This is one of my favorite patterns. It’s quite simpel. The only speciality is the head, which is completely soaked with uv resin. Almost indestructable.
- Hook: Ahrex NS 122 Light Stinger # 4
- Body/Tail: Natural Zonker Stripe
- Flash: Flashabou pearl
- Dubbing: Ice Dub mixed with Hare’s Ear
- Head: Different colors of Deer Hair soaked with UV Resin
- Eyes: 4mm golden
- Thread: Veevus GSP 100 D
- Hook: Ahrex NS 122 # 4
- Bite Point: Fluoro Fibre orange
- Tail: Barred Zonker Stripe
- Body: Hare’s Ear mixed with Flash Dub
- Flash: Krinkle Fibre
- Head: Deerhair natural, black, chartreuse, pink
- Eyes: 4mm 3D Eyes
- Thread: Veevus 100D white
A streamer pattern which I really like. You don’t need fancy stuff for these. A good hook, I used Ahrex Light Stinger size 4, high quality zonker strips, fluoro fibre for the hot spot, a nice dubbing mix of your choise, some rabbit or marabou for the collar and pretty eyes. To secure the eyes, I use super glue and Bug Bond. I often put some weight in the front of the hook, to balance the hook, or to give the streamer a jigging effect.