Got the opportunity to buy this Waterworks Lamson Litespeed 3 Micra 5 reel for a reasonable price. So I couldn’t resist. ;-)
Like in the past, I took some pictures of the reel just for fun and as a source of pictures, which are not taken by the manufacturer. Couldn’t say how it will perform, but the first impression is very good. Good brake, nice sound, well machined and with 140,25 gram super light.
I want to use it for sea trout fishing and for my streamer fishing at home with 6 and 7 weights. Hopefully, I will hear the brake “scream” this season.
Some time ago, I’ve sold one of my trout reels. I ordered a new one, but I was not really satisfied. It was a good reel, it just doesn’t fit to me…hard to discribe. I’ve sold it and just some days ago, I saw a really good offer on the new Fario reel by Guideline. So, I’ve just ordered it.
The color is bronze. I’m normally more the silver, gray, titianium guy, but I decided to try something different and took the bronze color.
I like the color. Looks even better by daylight and it matches perfectly to the fancy windings on my Sage One 4 weight (I just realized this fact, after the purchase), which will be my main rod for the reel.
The reel is super light. I weighs just under 125 g incl. 100m 0,18mm braided line as backing.
I haven’t fished it yet, because here is closed season for the next months, but I’m sure it will do it’s job. The reel is very well build. Everything fits perfectly, nothing wobbles, it feels lightweight but strong.
I took some pictures of it, because I’m always glad, when I find good pictures of a product I’m interested in to buy, which are not made by the manufacturer.
A little picture story about the change of the cork grip on a Vision Mag 3/4 10ft. I cut away the hook keeper and lenghten the grip some centimeters. Originally, the rod had a kind of mini full wells. Didn’t liked it at all and I changed the form with sanding paper by hand after a short while. The result was better, but far away from good. So, one evening I decided to remove the cork and then I started to rebuild the grip with good quality cork discs.
Original grip above. The pictures below are after the first shaping by hand.
Beaver attack at the grip ;-)
Half of the cork is cut away.
Most of the cork is gone
new cork discs
The result with a new winding check and a bit of lime green metallic thread.